The Lillian Weber School PS 84M
32 West 92nd Street ~ New York, NY 10025 ~ (212) 799-2534
Dr. Evelyn J. Lolis, Principal
Ms. Mary A. Acosta, Assistant Principal Mr. Lester Acevedo, Assistant Principal
Members Present: Joshua Raskin, Betsey Perlmutter, Emily Hernandez , Katie Sheehan, Evelyn Lolis, Scott Stitson, Alisha Zucker, Danielle Molins, Peter Snyder, Yasmin Jones, Ojediran Olunife , Neil Fitzgerald, Carly Kleinjan
I. Call to Order
II. Welcome Back
● Members introduced themselves
● New members will be joining for the October meeting, following PTA Elections.
● Dates: Meetings on Wednesdays, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15, 1/19, 2/16, 3/23, 4/27, 5/25,
● Possible other dates will be added as needed.
● Meetings will be in person once a month.
● Principal’s Report
○ Dr. Gholdy Muhammed
■ Equity in education
■ Historically Responsive History
■ Plans to incorporate Dr. Muhammed’s teaching into SLT so we can look at
aligning PS84 vision to Dr. Muhammed.
● PTA Report
○ Elections to take place October 5th.
○ Focus to build up the PTA budget again. Events being planned.
○ Class parent discussion.
■ Working on ways to increase parent involvement and make sure that every
class has a class parent. Importance of class parent role.
○ Best ways to communicate with parents to increase school and committee involvement.
● After School Report
○ Afterschool is up and running, students are enjoying themselves, parents are happy that the after-school is back.
○ We will be watching how the first cycle goes, and then we can start adding back in things like musical theatre and former activities.
V. Discussion of New Business Agenda
● Establish SLT Goals
○ Chair Consensus
■ Teacher Co-chairs - Josh Raskin and Emily Hernandez
■ Parent Chair - Alisha Zucker
○ SLT Agenda - SLT Chairs will meet before each meeting to set the agenda.
○ Agenda Items -
■ Importance of SLT is to focus on CEP goals.
■ Not a forum to discuss individual student issues and/or concerns.
■ Principle caf would be a better place to discuss other issues.
■ Parents may contact the Parent Coordinator for individual concerns.
■ A member suggested a requirement from the PTA that 1% of the yearly
budget be allocated to fund programs targeting student improvement.
■ Suggests amending the PTA Constitution to reflect the school values.
VI. Creation of Agenda for the Next Meeting
b. Next steps
● Review of bylaws
● Review Mission Statement